Hi! I’m feeling chatty today and have a lot to share 🙂
1. I’m proud to say that I worked out EVERY DAY last week after confessing to a long and lazy winter! Most of the workouts were walking (yes, walking DOES count as a workout) but I also did yoga one day and went for a run on Sunday. Go me!
2. Speaking of Yoga…I recently bought a Groupon for Yoga Montclair, an airy studio near my office, for 15 classes for $45 – major score. I love yoga but I haven’t taken a formal class since I was at my highest weight! The price is usually prohibitive so I stick to the videos on Hulu. Unfortunately, I was in a pretty sour mood last week (Hi there PMS) so I didn’t end up loving the class, but I’m excited to try a different one this week. We did a lot of upper body work (downward dog, plank, cobra, repeat) and my arms were pleasantly sore the next day.
3. I hit up Trader Joe’s over the weekend for my groceries. I usually go about once a month to get specialty items only found there (read: convenience food) and walked out with a can of minestrone soup (that I only bought because I saw it on Daily Garnish), popcorn and Babybel cheese.
Fun fact: I’ve been to India three times and have eaten some pretty sketchy street food but the only times I’ve gotten sick have been from American food, including one time in Delhi where I ate some spreadable Babybel cheese (WHAT WAS I THINKING) and ended up in the hospital. To this day I still can’t stomach the thought of it. Super sad because Babybel is awesome. I still enjoy the hard cheese rounds once in a while, but not like I used to.
ANYWAY, I forgot about the salt content in things like canned soup and popcorn but my body sure didn’t. Water retention to the maaaax.
4. Speaking of India…my favorite necklace is an Om charm that I got my first time in Bangalore but I haven’t been able to wear it in a while because the only chain I have is too long. The chain used to fit perfectly, but since I’ve lost weight it now hangs down too low (NSV?). This weekend I finally hit up Macy’s to treat myself to a new silver chain.
5. Twice last week I ate Whole Food’s Magical Mystery Trail Mix for dinner. I’m pretty sure the only reason it’s called “magical mystery” is because, unlike the other mixes, this one is pretty much just chocolate with like one peanut and one cashew thrown in. It does however make for a delicious albeit slightly nutrient-deficient dinner. YOLO.
How was your weekend?