I was really craving oatmeal this weekend after going without my favorite breakfast for a whole month! I didn’t want to forgo protein altogether, however, so decided to make stove-top oats with whipped egg whites.
I’m not sure why I never tried it before, after seeing recipes for such all over the internet. I think I thought it would be difficult or something. Not true. I followed Andie’s method at Can You Stay for Dinner? but changed the measurements a bit.
In the bowl:
- 1/2 cup Quaker oats
- 1 cup water
- 1/2 cup liquid egg whites
- 1 tsp chia seeds (optional…but I think they help increase the fluffiness)
- vanilla, cinnamon, honey
Follow the directions from her recipe exactly and prepare yourself for the most amazing bowl of oatmeal you will ever eat. Fluffy, creamy, and really, really filling. I’m officially in love.
In honor of my grand return to oatmeal this weekend, I thought I would share with you some of my other favorite oat recipes, from more of my favorite bloggers.
- It all began with the KERF method for making banana-whipped oatmeal. This is, without a doubt, the recipe that got me hooked on oats.
- For weekends, I go with oatmeal pancakes, recipe by Carrots ‘n’ Cake.
- My fall oatmeal staple: Fannetastic Food’s Pumpkin Pie Oatmeal.
- And my go-to summer breakfast: KERF’s overnight oats
Oat-tastic! heh 😉
Have you noticed the changes to the blog?? I finally got my own domain! After freaking out for a bit, I think I finally settled on a design I love. I hope you like it, too!
Also, also – I added a “Contact” page…so you can email me if you have a question or a comment or something. I also added every weigh-in from the beginning under the “Weight Loss” tab. There you can find a link which will open a spreadsheet of my weight loss progression from October 2010 to now.