I know I’ve struck gold with a recipe when my taste buds crave it night after night.
And that’s exactly how I feel about this super quick and super easy coconut curry shrimp dish.
It’s bold and flavorful with a hearty amount of spice and feels rich and creamy even though it contains only a teaspoon of oil and light coconut milk.
Quick Coconut Shrimp Curry
- 6 oz of frozen, cooked shrimp
- 1/3 cup light coconut milk
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 1/2 tsp chili powder
- 1/2 tsp curry powder
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp minced ginger
- For more spice, add in a few shakes of crushed red pepper flakes
- Thaw frozen shrimp following directions on the package.
- In a pan just big enough to lay all the shrimp flat, heat the olive oil. Over low heat, add in all the ingredients and stir until the spices are well mixed and any clumps are gone. Lay each shrimp flat in the pan. Because these shrimp are already cooked, you are really just warming them. They can become tough and chewy if cooked too long, so only cook until hot, a minute or two on each side.
- Remove the shrimp and cover to keep warm
- Turn the heat on the pan all the way up and cook the remaining liquid, stirring constantly, until the sauce reduces and thickens. Pour over the shrimp and enjoy!