I hope everyone is having a good weekend!
I’m not a big football fan, so instead of watching the game I decided to stir up something comforting, tasty and of course healthy!
This dish comes together quickly, in one pan, and packs a lot of flavor. I had a snacky day, so ended up just having a serving for dinner, but ideally this would be best served as a side.
Comforting Vegan Broccoli Quinoa
- 1 cup uncooked quinoa
- 2 cups and 1/4 cup vegetable broth
- 1 tsp minced garlic
- 2 broccoli crowns, chopped
- 1/2 of an onion, chopped
- 3 tbsp nutritional yeast
- salt + pepper
- In a large pan, saute onions, broccoli and garlic in the 1/4 cup of vegetable broth until the onions become translucent and soften. Season with salt and pepper.
- Add the quinoa and remaining vegetable broth. Turn the heat down to a simmer and cover.
- When about half the liquid is gone, stir in the nutritional yeast. Cook until the quinoa is fluffy and there is no liquid left in the pan, stirring occasionally.
This dish is about 240 calories per serving.